Skin needs nutrition, oxygen, and clean space to work. Oxygen molecules cannot penetrate the dermis so your routine will include only cleaning your skin and providing nutrition.
- Wash your face with gentle cleanser such as Garden of Wisdom Cleansing Oil and either a clean wash cloth or sponge.
- Completely dry your face then apply a vitamin C and E combined serum that comes in a dark bottle such as Timeless 20% Vitamin C+ E Ferulic Acid Serum.
- Wait as long as possible but before you go outside, apply a broad spectrum SPF such as Jane Iredale Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream.
- To provide more sun protection in the form of a physical barrier apply a powder such as Neutrogena SkinClearing Mineral Powder with salicylic acid or begin your makeup application.
- Wash your face with a stronger cleanser such as CeraVe Foaming Face Cleanser.
- Apply retinol (vitamin A) such as Differin Gel.
- Wait as long as possible and apply a serum with hyaluronic acid and matrixyl peptide such as Hylamide Sub-Q Anti Age.
- If your skin still feels dry, apply a humectant oil such as rose hip oil or marula oil.
Once per week, after washing your face, use an exfoliant such as Pixie Glow Tonic (5% glycolic acid). Ideally you should let it work for several minutes (or even overnight) before applying any other products.